The electric car industry is young and growing quickly.
The global transport sector is shifting from the internal combustion engine to EVs.
The U.S. aims for half of its new vehicle sales to be electric by 2030. That's a huge target considering that EV sales accounted for just about 4% of the total vehicle sales in the U.S. in 2021.
With roughly 15 million new vehicles sold in the U.S. last year, EVs and the companies making them have an immense growth opportunity.
And even more change may be ahead for EV makers.
Let’s take a look at some EV stocks I’ve yet to mention that are reasonably priced, performing well, and noted by Wall St. experts to be wise portfolio choices…
Best Value Electric Car Stocks
These are the electric car stocks with the lowest 12-month trailing price-to-sales (P/S) ratio. For companies in early stages of development or industries suffering from major shocks, this can be substituted as a rough measure of a business's value. A business with higher sales could eventually produce more profit when it achieves, or returns to, profitability. The price-to-sales ratio shows how much you're paying for the stock for each dollar of sales generated.
|Company||Price ($)||Market Cap ($B)||12-Month Trailing P/S Ratio|
|Li Auto Inc. (LI)||28.38||29.3||8.2|
|NIO Inc. (NIO)||29.31||46.6||8.9|
|XPeng Inc. (XPEV)||46.66||40.0||16.0|
- Li Auto Inc.: Li Auto is a China-based developer and manufacturer of smart EVs. Its main product is the Li ONE, a smart electric sport utility vehicle (SUV). The company also sells peripheral products and related services, including charging stalls and Internet connection services for vehicles.
- NIO Inc.: NIO is a China-based manufacturer of smart and connected EVs, and related parts. Its vehicles are equipped with assisted-driving features. The company also provides vehicle charging solutions.
- XPeng Inc.: XPeng is a China-based company that designs and manufactures smart EVs. Its vehicles provide seamless integration with advanced Internet, artificial intelligence (AI), and autonomous driving technologies. The company also provides a range of related services, such as supercharging, maintenance, and vehicle leasing services. XPeng announced in late November financial results for Q3 of its 2021 fiscal year (FY), the three-month period ended Sept. 30, 2021. The company's net loss attributable to ordinary shareholders narrowed by 21.3% compared to the year-ago quarter. Total revenues expanded 187.4% year over year (YOY). XPeng noted that it achieved strong growth for the quarter despite facing supply-chain challenges related to the global semiconductor shortage.
Spotted near its headquarters in Silicon Valley, a Tesla Model S equipped with a strange device on top.
It's the key to an $809 billion market revolution, and one tech company's patented device is the only way to make it all possible.
With almost 200 projects in the pipeline with major automakers and leading tech companies including General Motors and Caterpillar, its stock could soar very soon…
Fastest Growing Electric Car Stocks
These are the electric car stocks with the highest year-over-year (YOY) sales growth for the most recent quarter. Rising sales can help investors identify companies that are able to grow revenue organically or through other means, and find growing companies that have not yet reached profitability. In addition, earnings per share can be significantly influenced by accounting factors that may not reflect the overall strength of the business. However, sales growth can also be potentially misleading about the strength of a business, because growing sales on money-losing businesses can be harmful if the company has no plan to reach profitability.
|Company||Price ($)||Market Cap ($B)||Revenue Growth (%)|
|Romeo Power Inc. (RMO)||3.30||0.4||753.2|
|Blink Charging Co. (BLNK)||24.25||1.0||606.6|
|Li Auto Inc. (LI)||28.38||29.3||231.1|
- Romeo Power Inc.: Romeo Power is a provider of advanced electrification solutions for complex commercial vehicle applications. It offers hardware and a battery management systems for electric commercial vehicles. The company announced in mid-November financial results for Q3 FY 2021, ended Sept. 30, 2021. Romeo Power's net loss widened to $18.0 million from $8.9 million in the year-ago quarter. Total revenues rose 753.2% YOY. Total cost of revenues and total operating expenses also expanded significantly, contributing to the net loss.
- Blink Charging Co.: Blink Charging owns and operates EV charging equipment and a network of charging stations managed by its proprietary cloud-based software. The company serves residential consumers as well as building owners, parking garages, municipalities, sporting venues, and other public areas. Blink Charging announced in mid-November financial results for Q3 FY 2021, ended Sept. 30, 2021. The company's net loss widened to $15.3 million from $3.9 million in the year-ago quarter. Revenue expanded 606.6% YOY, primarily driven by growth in product sales, including for commercial chargers, DC fast chargers, and residential chargers. Revenue also received a boost from the acquisition of Blue Corner, a Belgium-based EV charging operator.
- Li Auto Inc.: See above for company description.
This Tech Giant is about to take COMPLETE CONTROL of the Electric Vehicle market.
Click Here to see which company is secretly destroying TESLA.
Electric Car Stocks with the Most Momentum
These are the electric car stocks that had the highest total return over the last 12 months.
|Company||Price ($)||Market Cap ($B)||12-Month Trailing Total Return (%)|
|Tesla Inc. (TSLA)||1064.70||1,069||40.8|
|XPeng Inc. (XPEV)||46.66||40.0||13.2|
|Fisker Inc. (FSR)||16.33||4.8||7.1|
|KraneShares Electric Vehicle and Future Mobility ETF (KARS)||N/A||N/A||26.0|
- Tesla Inc.: Tesla, the world's largest automaker by market value, is primarily engaged in the design and manufacture of electric cars, SUVs, and trucks, as well as EV powertrain components. The automaker also manufactures and installs solar energy generation and energy storage products. At the end of December, Tesla recalled over 475,000 vehicles in order to address rearview camera and trunk issues that the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says increase the risk of crashing. The EV maker recently reported total deliveries of 936,000 vehicles for all of 2021, with 308,000 of those deliveries made in the fourth quarter.
- XPeng Inc.: See above for company description.
- Fisker Inc.: Fisker is an electric car company. It currently has one electric SUV model, called Ocean, that it plans to begin producing by the end of 2022.
The comments, opinions and analyses expressed herein are for informational purposes only and should not be considered individual investment advice or recommendations to invest in any security or to adopt any investment strategy. While we believe the information provided herein is reliable, we do not warrant its accuracy or completeness. The views and strategies described on our content may not be suitable for all investors. Because market and economic conditions are subject to rapid change, all comments, opinions, and analyses contained within our content are rendered as of the date of the posting and may change without notice. The material is not intended as a complete analysis of every material fact regarding any country, region, market, industry, investment, or strategy.