This story was originally published here.
The SPDR Gold Trust (NYSEARCA:GLD) is on a hot streak so far this year. The related gold mining stocks and funds such as the VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSEARCA:GDX) are enjoying even greater gains. The GLD ETF is up 13.5% year-to-date, and 35% over the past 12 months. Meanwhile, the GDX gold mining ETF has posted huge returns. It’s up 22% year-to-date, and 75% since last May.
Naturally, some traders are thinking about taking profits here. It’s been a big move, after all. But don’t miss the forest for the trees. Gold traders are used to the bear market that had been running in precious metals since 2012. Thus, their inclination has been to sell every advance.
But the trend has changed. Gold is in a new expansion phase, and investors should be strapped in for the ride. In fact, precious metals were already in an uptrend even prior to 2020. And now, the novel coronavirus has greatly accelerated that dynamic.
GDX and Gold Mining Stocks: It’s 2008 All Over Again
Even as the financial crisis was already well under way, in 2008, the price of gold soared to an all-time high of $1,000 an ounce. To many investors, that record-high price probably seemed like an ideal opportunity to sell. When other things are plunging, the first instinct might be to sell the asset that has appreciated. But even at $1,000 an ounce, it was as actually a great time to buy. Gold’s price nearly doubled over the following three years and rose to $1,900 an ounce in 2011.
Today’s gold market feels eerily similar to the 2008 version. The price of gold just hit a seven-year high of $1,747 an ounce and is setting up for what I believe will be a rapid double over the next couple of years.
This rally is causing a huge ripple effect in gold mining stocks like GDX. In fact, almost all of my gold stock recommendations have doubled already. But I think they’re just getting warmed up. The current economic crisis has created a perfect situation for the gold mining industry…
Editor's Note: Click here to keep reading.
65 Unique Ways ANYONE Can Make Extra Cash (Without Getting a Second Job)
Are you looking for great sources of real income, without having to get a second job?
Then keep reading, because author Neil George wants to send you his new book that profiles 65 simple ways to earn large amounts of work-free income.
…extra cash that you can collect ON TOP of your Social Security check…
…without messing around with crappy jobs. (Pizza delivery driver? No way.)
These are PROVEN cash-gushing strategies… the kind typically used by the wealthy elite.
And the best part…
Neil George has set aside copies of his book, Income for Life, and he’s willing to send you a hardback version today, ABSOLUTELY FREE (just pay shipping).
(Just 517 copies left, so click here to claim yours before it's ripped away.)
Here's just a sample of what you can find inside:
- Learn the secret of the $50,000 lump sum Social Security check. Seriously, it couldn’t be easier!
- Use what Neil calls the “F.H.A. Loophole” to get the government to pay your mortgage – PLUS receive hundreds in extra cash on top.(Page 217)
- Collect $100s for pictures in Old Family Photo Albums! Believe it or not, there is an easy way to turn your old artwork/photographs into $100 bills (certain businesses are desperate). (Page 297)
- Get paid every time your favorite song gets played on the radio! This little-known website allows you to tap into royalty payments every time your favorite song is played on the radio. Some lucky folks collect thousands of dollars a year! (Page 307)
- Pocket upwards of $197 PER HOUR simply by taking a walk through the woods in the fall… or $137 while visiting your favorite beach in the summer… and many, many more!
Needless to say, this book has become highly sought after.
So if you don't claim your free copy of Income for Life today, we'll send it to the person behind you in line…