This story was originally published here.
Stocks have rebounded sharply since the March market crash. As a result, traders are looking for hot opportunities again. Tech stocks, growth companies, and speculative firms are all surging. Amid that backdrop, there may well be an uptick in interest in penny stocks soon as well. When the market is enjoying a strong upswing, oftentimes penny stocks enjoy an outsized benefit.
What makes for a good penny stock selection at this point? There are several features to look for. A company that has fallen too far on coronavirus concerns is one good category. Or look for companies that could benefit from the aftereffects of this economic shock; natural resource stocks could benefit, for example, if all the Federal Reserve stimulus ends up leading to inflation.
Here are seven penny stocks to have on your radar now:
The first on this list of promising penny stocks is Ambev. On a pure market capitalization basis, Brazilian brewing leader Ambev is not a typical penny stock. Even after the crash this year, Ambev is still worth tens of billions of dollars. But at $2 per share, ABEV stock certainly falls in the lower-priced shares category. And like other low-priced shares, there could be big upside; Ambev sold for $4 earlier this year, and $7 in 2018. Those would be large gains from the current two buck level.
Ambev, for those unfamiliar, is the South American arm of the Anheuser-Busch Inbev (NYSE:BUD) beer conglomerate. South America is in a steep recession right now. Economies such as Brazil and Chile, where Ambev operates, are seeing their economies tank as commodity prices plunge and export orders have dried up. With China in particular just starting to recover, the emerging markets that rely on China are in a downdraft.
Ambev is well-positioned to ride out the bust, however. It has a net cash position and the beer market has remained stable. For now, the company may bring in less revenue due to selling beer in weak currencies such as the Argentine Peso. However, as the virus starts to pass and economic activity picks up, solid companies like Ambev will start to catch traders’ attention again.
Editor's Note: For the other six penny stocks, click here.
65 Unique Ways ANYONE Can Make Extra Cash (Without Getting a Second Job)
Are you looking for great sources of real income, without having to get a second job?
Then keep reading, because author Neil George wants to send you his new book that profiles 65 simple ways to earn large amounts of work-free income.
…extra cash that you can collect ON TOP of your Social Security check…
…without messing around with crappy jobs. (Pizza delivery driver? No way.)
These are PROVEN cash-gushing strategies… the kind typically used by the wealthy elite.
And the best part…
Neil George has set aside copies of his book, Income for Life, and he’s willing to send you a hardback version today, ABSOLUTELY FREE (just pay shipping).
(Just 517 copies left, so click here to claim yours before it's ripped away.)
Here's just a sample of what you can find inside:
- Learn the secret of the $50,000 lump sum Social Security check. Seriously, it couldn’t be easier!
- Use what Neil calls the “F.H.A. Loophole” to get the government to pay your mortgage – PLUS receive hundreds in extra cash on top.(Page 217)
- Collect $100s for pictures in Old Family Photo Albums! Believe it or not, there is an easy way to turn your old artwork/photographs into $100 bills (certain businesses are desperate). (Page 297)
- Get paid every time your favorite song gets played on the radio! This little-known website allows you to tap into royalty payments every time your favorite song is played on the radio. Some lucky folks collect thousands of dollars a year! (Page 307)
- Pocket upwards of $197 PER HOUR simply by taking a walk through the woods in the fall… or $137 while visiting your favorite beach in the summer… and many, many more!
Needless to say, this book has become highly sought after.
So if you don't claim your free copy of Income for Life today, we'll send it to the person behind you in line…