This story was originally published here.
When markets get turbulent, it’s always a good idea to seek safe stocks to buy.
In fact, there’s no better time to invest in less risky assets than now. Consider the following headwinds: a potential “second wave” of novel coronavirus inducing panic, a potential new cold war with China, current riots and protests in America and an upcoming U.S. presidential elections, all of which are sure to be met with obscene volatility.
While some investors opt to pull their money out of the markets out of fear, the best course of action is to buy assets that move higher with volatility, or remain resilient in tough times.
Let’s dive a bit deeper into what makes each of these among the safest stocks to buy today.
Safe Stocks to Buy: ProShares Ultra VIX Short-Term Futures ETF (UVXY)
The ProShares Ultra VIX Short-Term Futures ETF isn’t actually a stock. It’s an exchange-traded fund. And while that might be considered cheating a bit for a list of “safe stocks to buy,” the fact that it’s designed to match two times the daily performance of the S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures Index makes it worth your consideration.
The first time I brought the UVXY to your attention was on Feb. 27, as it traded at $20. It would explode to a high of $135 on novel coronavirus fear. While the ETF has since cooled to $40.35, it could spike again on fears of a “second wave” of the virus and as we near the volatility inducing presidential election in just months.
The trade has plenty of gas. Should markets fall in the months ahead, I strongly believe the UVXY ETF could test $65 again shortly.
Editor's Note: Click here for the rest of the story.
65 Unique Ways ANYONE Can Make Extra Cash (Without Getting a Second Job)
Are you looking for great sources of real income, without having to get a second job?
Then keep reading, because author Neil George wants to send you his new book that profiles 65 simple ways to earn large amounts of work-free income.
…extra cash that you can collect ON TOP of your Social Security check…
…without messing around with crappy jobs. (Pizza delivery driver? No way.)
These are PROVEN cash-gushing strategies… the kind typically used by the wealthy elite.
And the best part…
Neil George has set aside copies of his book, Income for Life, and he’s willing to send you a hardback version today, ABSOLUTELY FREE (just pay shipping).
(Just 517 copies left, so click here to claim yours before it's ripped away.)
Here's just a sample of what you can find inside:
- Learn the secret of the $50,000 lump sum Social Security check. Seriously, it couldn’t be easier!
- Use what Neil calls the “F.H.A. Loophole” to get the government to pay your mortgage – PLUS receive hundreds in extra cash on top.(Page 217)
- Collect $100s for pictures in Old Family Photo Albums! Believe it or not, there is an easy way to turn your old artwork/photographs into $100 bills (certain businesses are desperate). (Page 297)
- Get paid every time your favorite song gets played on the radio! This little-known website allows you to tap into royalty payments every time your favorite song is played on the radio. Some lucky folks collect thousands of dollars a year! (Page 307)
- Pocket upwards of $197 PER HOUR simply by taking a walk through the woods in the fall… or $137 while visiting your favorite beach in the summer… and many, many more!
Needless to say, this book has become highly sought after.
So if you don't claim your free copy of Income for Life today, we'll send it to the person behind you in line…