This story was originally published here.
Unlike every other crisis that the U.S. has faced over the last few decades, the novel coronavirus pandemic is an event that has at least impacted every American to a conspicuous degree. Clearly, though, some people have suffered more than others. It’s the same principle with the economy, as retail stocks have generally absorbed the brunt of the damage. Nevertheless, not every name has suffered consequences.
Although it sounds a bit callous, the reality is that while one retail subsegment might consider an event to be a catastrophe, another may consider it to be an opportunity. In other words, some retail stocks may benefit from the so-called new normal. In an email to InvestorPlace, Thomas Gilbert Associate Professor, Finance & Business Economics Michael G. Foster School of Business University of Washington, answered our inquiry regarding what the future may hold after the coronavirus:
“My sense is that innovation is increasing and will increase rapidly in all domains touching ‘remote, distance, cyber, virtual, artificial, automated, etc.’ Online retailing was only 10% of total retailing prior to the virus and I would not be surprised if the new normal will be far far higher, like 50%.”
Professor Gilbert further asserts that the “goal for these companies is to remove human interventions” across multiple functions, such as supply chains. Presumably, according to his thesis, retail stocks of companies that adjust to present realities will have greater probabilities of success.
Throughout, I’ll aim to explore retail stocks that are currently profiting from social distancing. Much of the discussion will center on retail-related companies that are shifting their business paradigm to accommodate to the new normal. These stand out as some of the best stocks to buy in retail right now.
As I’ve noted in the past, you’ll want to be careful with these retail stocks, even the stable ones. Because of the many unknowns involving the coronavirus, taking a measured approach with your investment strategies will allow you to advantage future sizable dips.
Editor's Note: To keep reading, click here.
65 Unique Ways ANYONE Can Make Extra Cash (Without Getting a Second Job)
Are you looking for great sources of real income, without having to get a second job?
Then keep reading, because author Neil George wants to send you his new book that profiles 65 simple ways to earn large amounts of work-free income.
…extra cash that you can collect ON TOP of your Social Security check…
…without messing around with crappy jobs. (Pizza delivery driver? No way.)
These are PROVEN cash-gushing strategies… the kind typically used by the wealthy elite.
And the best part…
Neil George has set aside copies of his book, Income for Life, and he’s willing to send you a hardback version today, ABSOLUTELY FREE (just pay shipping).
Here's just a sample of what you can find inside:
- Learn the secret of the $50,000 lump sum Social Security check. Seriously, it couldn’t be easier!
- Use what Neil calls the “F.H.A. Loophole” to get the government to pay your mortgage – PLUS receive hundreds in extra cash on top.(Page 217)
- Collect $100s for pictures in Old Family Photo Albums! Believe it or not, there is an easy way to turn your old artwork/photographs into $100 bills (certain businesses are desperate). (Page 297)
- Get paid every time your favorite song gets played on the radio! This little-known website allows you to tap into royalty payments every time your favorite song is played on the radio. Some lucky folks collect thousands of dollars a year! (Page 307)
- Pocket upwards of $197 PER HOUR simply by taking a walk through the woods in the fall… or $137 while visiting your favorite beach in the summer… and many, many more!
Needless to say, this book has become highly sought after.
So if you don't claim your free copy of Income for Life today, we'll send it to the person behind you in line…