This story was originally published here.
Many sectors that have traditionally been favorites of investors have been upended in recent years. In the wake of the novel coronavirus pandemic, some of these may never recover. Retail was already in trouble before coronavirus lockdowns shuttered stores. Unless your name is Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), survival mode is now the name of the game. The oil industry? A price war combined with cratered demand for gasoline and jet fuel has hammered oil stocks.
Pandemics, trade wars, rogue states, social unrest — none of these seem to keep defense stocks down for long. In fact, in times of crisis, demand for the products produced by many companies in this sector actually increase.
Not certain about whether to invest in a company that produces deadly weapons? No worries, there are options here that let you take advantage of defense industry performance without being directly involved with weapons systems.
Defense Stocks to Buy: TransDigm Group (TDG)
Although resilient, defense stocks can still be impacted in the short term by market panic to a crisis like the coronavirus pandemic. That’s exactly what happened to TransDigm. It was heading to 200% gains over the past five years before the panic over the new virus began. TDG stock dropped from a close above $655 in mid-February before dropping to $245.79 on March 18. That was a loss of 63% in a single month.
Now at $469, TransDigm is in recovery mode. This is a slower rate of recovery than some other defense industry stocks. The reason is TransDigm’s aftermarket aircraft part business. It’s taking a hit with so many commercial airplanes grounded. The business will bounce back — planes always need parts — but it will take time before commercial airlines are flying near pre-pandemic levels again.
Therefore, some patience may be required for TransDigm. However, its high-margin business of supplying parts for military aircraft including the AH-64 Apache helicopter and F-16 fighter jet will remain lucrative.
And of the estimated 63,000 commercial and military planes globally that use parts from TransDigm, the company says it is the sole available source for 80% of the parts it sells. That reliance bodes well for the long-term prospects of this Cleveland-based aerospace company.
Editor's Note: Click here to keep reading.
65 Unique Ways ANYONE Can Make Extra Cash (Without Getting a Second Job)
Are you looking for great sources of real income, without having to get a second job?
Then keep reading, because author Neil George wants to send you his new book that profiles 65 simple ways to earn large amounts of work-free income.
…extra cash that you can collect ON TOP of your Social Security check…
…without messing around with crappy jobs. (Pizza delivery driver? No way.)
These are PROVEN cash-gushing strategies… the kind typically used by the wealthy elite.
And the best part…
Neil George has set aside copies of his book, Income for Life, and he’s willing to send you a hardback version today, ABSOLUTELY FREE (just pay shipping).
(Just 517 copies left, so click here to claim yours before it's ripped away.)
Here's just a sample of what you can find inside:
- Learn the secret of the $50,000 lump sum Social Security check. Seriously, it couldn’t be easier!
- Use what Neil calls the “F.H.A. Loophole” to get the government to pay your mortgage – PLUS receive hundreds in extra cash on top.(Page 217)
- Collect $100s for pictures in Old Family Photo Albums! Believe it or not, there is an easy way to turn your old artwork/photographs into $100 bills (certain businesses are desperate). (Page 297)
- Get paid every time your favorite song gets played on the radio! This little-known website allows you to tap into royalty payments every time your favorite song is played on the radio. Some lucky folks collect thousands of dollars a year! (Page 307)
- Pocket upwards of $197 PER HOUR simply by taking a walk through the woods in the fall… or $137 while visiting your favorite beach in the summer… and many, many more!
Needless to say, this book has become highly sought after.
So if you don't claim your free copy of Income for Life today, we'll send it to the person behind you in line…