This story was originally published here.
Stocks suffered a late-day rug pull on Thursday after our Tweeter-in-Chief announced he’d hold a news conference on U.S.-China relations. Uncertainty surrounding what the President will say had traders heading for the exits. The reality is stocks have been on a tear and were due for profit-taking anyways. Despite the weakness, I was able to find many promising breakout stocks to buy.
Identifying the quality setups didn’t require much detective work. All I had to do was sort my watchlist by percentage change. Scouring the top gainers on the day is an effective method for spotting strength. Two of my three candidates topped the list. The third one was near the top in the morning, but selling late in the session ultimately removed it from the leaderboard. Nonetheless, its chart setup demanded a mention in today’s gallery.
Here are the three breakout stocks that I’m eyeing.
Recent strength has this trio courting resistance zones, and Thursday’s rally suggests a breakout is imminent. Let’s look at how you can capitalize…
Best Breakout Stocks to Buy: Snap (SNAP)
Source: The thinkorswim® platform from TD Ameritrade
Investors hit Snap stock hard during the pandemic, but the comeback has been incredible. Buyers have returned as rapidly as they fled. With its 131% gain off the lows, SNAP stock has almost fully recovered from its 60% crash. Last month’s earnings report accelerated the comeback by sparking a massive overnight gap.
Since then, the price action has been constructive. We’ve made a few higher pivot lows, and the stock has held to the gains nicely. Thursday saw the stock run 7.35% to close near the high of the day. It’s impressive that it stayed afloat despite the profit-taking striking the broader market. With the gains, SNAP stock is now a whisker away from breaking resistance at $18.50.
If it does, then a climb to $20 is likely. For a higher potential reward, you could buy the stock. Otherwise, I like selling the July $16 puts for 55 cents.
Editor's Note: Click here to keep reading.
65 Unique Ways ANYONE Can Make Extra Cash (Without Getting a Second Job)
Are you looking for great sources of real income, without having to get a second job?
Then keep reading, because author Neil George wants to send you his new book that profiles 65 simple ways to earn large amounts of work-free income.
…extra cash that you can collect ON TOP of your Social Security check…
…without messing around with crappy jobs. (Pizza delivery driver? No way.)
These are PROVEN cash-gushing strategies… the kind typically used by the wealthy elite.
And the best part…
Neil George has set aside copies of his book, Income for Life, and he’s willing to send you a hardback version today, ABSOLUTELY FREE (just pay shipping).
(Just 517 copies left, so click here to claim yours before it's ripped away.)
Here's just a sample of what you can find inside:
- Learn the secret of the $50,000 lump sum Social Security check. Seriously, it couldn’t be easier!
- Use what Neil calls the “F.H.A. Loophole” to get the government to pay your mortgage – PLUS receive hundreds in extra cash on top.(Page 217)
- Collect $100s for pictures in Old Family Photo Albums! Believe it or not, there is an easy way to turn your old artwork/photographs into $100 bills (certain businesses are desperate). (Page 297)
- Get paid every time your favorite song gets played on the radio! This little-known website allows you to tap into royalty payments every time your favorite song is played on the radio. Some lucky folks collect thousands of dollars a year! (Page 307)
- Pocket upwards of $197 PER HOUR simply by taking a walk through the woods in the fall… or $137 while visiting your favorite beach in the summer… and many, many more!
Needless to say, this book has become highly sought after.
So if you don't claim your free copy of Income for Life today, we'll send it to the person behind you in line…