This story was originally published here.
When it comes to investing, they say “the trend is your friend.” But despite other supportive allies propping up in today’s bull market, three price charts in particular are warning investors to direct their attention to another investing proverb. Sell stocks in May and go away.
There’s plenty of popular sayings and quotes on Wall Street. “Let your winners run” and “don’t fight the Fed” are two that should resonate with investors today. The fact is many of us have been happily riding a historically friendly bullish rally since the market abruptly finished its novel coronavirus-driven bear market in late March.
The problem with this sort of blanket advice, which sounds quite reasonable today, is there are also axioms for most every occasion. That makes for a ton of contradictions. And to simply turn a blind eye isn’t a good idea. The fact is other quieted truisms or infamous quotes such as “bulls, bears but not pigs make money,” or “sell when others are greedy” will reemerge as popular conversation points around socially distanced water coolers after taking profits becomes less lucrative advice to act on.
Despite those shortcomings, I’m asking investors to trust it’s not too late to sell stocks in May and go away. More aptly, it’s time to manage portfolio risk in stocks from Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) to Zoom Video (NASDAQ:ZM) and all those sandwiched in-between or inside two quesadillas like Chipotle (NYSE:CMG).
Let’s now look at three charts that support the observation that it’s time to reduce risk and sell stocks rather than come to the party late in today’s bull/bear cycle.
Editor's Note: To see all three signals, click here.
65 Unique Ways ANYONE Can Make Extra Cash (Without Getting a Second Job)
Are you looking for great sources of real income, without having to get a second job?
Then keep reading, because author Neil George wants to send you his new book that profiles 65 simple ways to earn large amounts of work-free income.
…extra cash that you can collect ON TOP of your Social Security check…
…without messing around with crappy jobs. (Pizza delivery driver? No way.)
These are PROVEN cash-gushing strategies… the kind typically used by the wealthy elite.
And the best part…
Neil George has set aside copies of his book, Income for Life, and he’s willing to send you a hardback version today, ABSOLUTELY FREE (just pay shipping).
(Just 517 copies left, so click here to claim yours before it's ripped away.)
Here's just a sample of what you can find inside:
- Learn the secret of the $50,000 lump sum Social Security check. Seriously, it couldn’t be easier!
- Use what Neil calls the “F.H.A. Loophole” to get the government to pay your mortgage – PLUS receive hundreds in extra cash on top.(Page 217)
- Collect $100s for pictures in Old Family Photo Albums! Believe it or not, there is an easy way to turn your old artwork/photographs into $100 bills (certain businesses are desperate). (Page 297)
- Get paid every time your favorite song gets played on the radio! This little-known website allows you to tap into royalty payments every time your favorite song is played on the radio. Some lucky folks collect thousands of dollars a year! (Page 307)
- Pocket upwards of $197 PER HOUR simply by taking a walk through the woods in the fall… or $137 while visiting your favorite beach in the summer… and many, many more!
Needless to say, this book has become highly sought after.
So if you don't claim your free copy of Income for Life today, we'll send it to the person behind you in line…