This story was originally published here.
Hanson Robotics, the company behind viral internet android Sophia, is preparing to send out more robots this year.
Here’s everything worth noting about Sophia and the company’s robot future.
- Sophia was unveiled in 2016 and gained viral status online due to how realistic she acts and looks.
- The robot is the creation of David Hanson, the founder and CEO of Hanson Robotics.
- He says that the company is preparing to release thousands of robots this year as the novel coronavirus pandemic continues.
- Hanson believes that robots will see a boom during the pandemic as people search for social interaction during isolation.
- To go along with that, Sophia’s creator also says that the robots can have uses in other fields, such as airlines of healthcare.
- This has Hanson Robotics planning to launch four different models of robots this year to meet those needs.
- That includes Grace, which is an android designed for use in the healthcare sector.
- Interest in robots was already rising ahead of the pandemic with global sales of professional service robots reaching $11.2 billion from 2018 to 2019.
- If Hanson is right about his coronavirus predictions, then the world really might see more and more robots roll out this year.
- Hanson has been a long-time supporter of a robot future.
- In a 2018 paper, he claimed that humans will begin marrying lifelike robots by the year 2045.
While Hanson Robotics is a private company, there are other public robotics companies worth taking a look at… Story continues here.
Google just poured $4 billion into THIS…
The world’s most successful tech industry giants are all clamoring to get their hands on a new piece of technology.
It’s fresh out of a highly secretive lab in Boston, Massachusetts, and it’s poised to make early investors billions.
It’s NOT cannabis. It’s NOT bitcoin, or some other blockchain-related technology. It’s NOT 5G.
And as a matter of fact, it could be bigger than all of those. Because if history is any indicator, you could be looking down the barrel of 5,000% profits… or even more.
Companies all over the world are funneling as much money as they can into what Bill Gates calls, “the holy grail” of modern technology.
Take a look at some of the top contenders and their spending history:
Click here to see this brand new tech in action, and find out how it could make you 10… 20… even 50 times your money.
Investment Director, Technology and Opportunity