This story was originally published here.
Back in September 2017, I picked seven beaten-down stocks to buy. I did so after reading a blog post from Ben Carlson, one of the best financial bloggers in the country. The problem with selecting beaten-down or penny stocks to buy is that they often come with a lot of baggage.
Baggage that’s not necessarily going to disappear overnight.
“When dumpster diving for beaten-down shares, you must be able to understand how far divorced fundamentals have become from investor expectations,” Carlson wrote in 2017. “While there were bargains galore in early 2009, late 2011 and even early 2016, if you want to find value in these markets, you have to go dumpster diving.”
Well, of the seven stocks on my list, only one, Kroger (NYSE:KR), is higher today than it was in September 2017.
The glutton for punishment that I am, I’ve decided to go back to the dumpster to find 10 penny stocks to buy trading under $5 as I write this. Hopefully, I’ll do a little better this time around. Compare Brokers
Penny Stocks to Buy: Banco BBVA Argentina (BBAR)
Market Cap: $765.9 million
Banco Bbva Argentina (NYSE:BBAR), as its name suggests, is a financial services company based in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It has operated in Argentina since 1886. Its American Depositary Shares have been traded on the NYSE since 1993.
It is the fourth-largest privately-owned bank in Argentina with 7.7% of the country’s total banking system loans on a consolidated basis. At the end of 2019, it had 454 billion Argentine pesos in total assets on its balance sheet.
In 2019, it made 16 billion pesos on 88 billion pesos in revenue. That revenue is up significantly from 49 billion pesos in 2017.
However, investing in Argentina is not for the faint of heart. The country is notoriously bad at defaulting on its debt, making investments extremely volatile. That said, BBAR is cheaper than it has been in the past five years.
I would recommend the bank stock for aggressive investors only.
Editor's Note: For the other nine stocks, click here.
65 Unique Ways ANYONE Can Make Extra Cash (Without Getting a Second Job)
Are you looking for great sources of real income, without having to get a second job?
Then keep reading, because author Neil George wants to send you his new book that profiles 65 simple ways to earn large amounts of work-free income.
…extra cash that you can collect ON TOP of your Social Security check…
…without messing around with crappy jobs. (Pizza delivery driver? No way.)
These are PROVEN cash-gushing strategies… the kind typically used by the wealthy elite.
And the best part…
Neil George has set aside copies of his book, Income for Life, and he’s willing to send you a hardback version today, ABSOLUTELY FREE (just pay shipping).
(Just 517 copies left, so click here to claim yours before it's ripped away.)
Here's just a sample of what you can find inside:
- Learn the secret of the $50,000 lump sum Social Security check. Seriously, it couldn’t be easier!
- Use what Neil calls the “F.H.A. Loophole” to get the government to pay your mortgage – PLUS receive hundreds in extra cash on top.(Page 217)
- Collect $100s for pictures in Old Family Photo Albums! Believe it or not, there is an easy way to turn your old artwork/photographs into $100 bills (certain businesses are desperate). (Page 297)
- Get paid every time your favorite song gets played on the radio! This little-known website allows you to tap into royalty payments every time your favorite song is played on the radio. Some lucky folks collect thousands of dollars a year! (Page 307)
- Pocket upwards of $197 PER HOUR simply by taking a walk through the woods in the fall… or $137 while visiting your favorite beach in the summer… and many, many more!
Needless to say, this book has become highly sought after.
So if you don't claim your free copy of Income for Life today, we'll send it to the person behind you in line…